Saturday, May 24, 2014

Laundry under the tuscan sun



So Saturday much like in the states was  a chore day/ My student who got locked out,  came over to my apartment to hangout after gettting his key from the owner and  then beng told he needed to be out so they could clean.  

He came over here and fell asleep reading on my couch in less than 15 minutess. The end of a stressful day.. he has been asleep at least 5 hours now..

So I used the time to do my laundry...  can you think of a less exciting post/.


There are not dryers in italy.  They have them at laundromats  but basically the tuscan sun is the best dryer ever.. so I sat updating my blog and washing my clothing and my new flea market purchases all saturday afternoon.  the sun dries he clothing quite well . most of what I am wating for is waistbands of pants.  

at one point a bird got stuck on my patio and confused how to get out..../ I shut the doors the house./god forbid he gets stuck inisde the house.. but when I opened the doors again he got spooked and flew out. thank god.. I don't know how I would have ran him out of the apartment.. 

at about 4 pm I opened a bottle of arezzo white wine. Not typical for this region but picked up atthe local   store.  Its not bad. but I don't mind the local chianti which is typical for this region...as a table iwine to go with all foods. 

One of things that we learned about at the winery tour is docg wines.. Thes are wines that are certfied and guaranteed to come from the region of italy.  he told us that they are tasted and vettted to make sure they meet the tuscany quality standards in florence.  The wine I am drinking is showed as docg. Arezzo is more red wine country .. namely chianti than white wine.. but this is not bad/ 


so this si a docg wine that I got from the store around the corner.  The wine is fine but their nutella and hazelnut biscotta are much more notabile.  


so my laundry and new purchases are drying... I am looking forward to sleeping in something warmer.. and the secondary market for goodwiill really worked to my advantage.. 

back to work.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment