Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday May 26..

Today was one of my student's birthday. so I was able to buy two pies/cakes at the local street fair. 


Nutella and hazelnut tart. 


Apple cake. 

Lots of apples in this cake, it was very very good. 
after class, I went to the store to get some supplies for later in the week but after having a good gnocchi with butter and sage.  So i bought some at the store and walked it back to Pescaia street. 

So I went about making gnocchi. 



I first boiled it, (for like 2 minutes) and then cooked it in butter,  with basil and fresh Tuscan tomatoes.   So this is how it looked. 




At 3:00 pm..  We took a tour of the Frescas at San Francesco Church. We were not allowed to take pictures but you can you see the pictures. Our guide was British and explained the story of the Frescas and the true cross depicted in the Frescas.  She was very informed and explained a lot to us. 
To see pictures, go here.   http://www.pierodellafrancesca.it/  or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francesco,_Arezzo

One of the questions I asked was was this church harmed in the bombing in World War 2.. She said not really, she said that the townspeople covered the frescas in comics to protect them.. How lucky are we that they did..   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arezzo


After the tour,  I sat and talked to students for a while and then decided to go find gelato. The place I know where it is was closed so I walked down all of Corso Italia.  At the end, I got by the train stations and saw another part of the wall.



I walked back had Dinner with Jim.. I was jonesing for some polenta. 









1 comment:

  1. The polenta was the worst meal we had in Arezzo.. too bad.. that is a review I will write on trip advisor after I leave..

    ReplyDelete