Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday: Meeting with the Councilwoman about Schooling

Lots going on today.

Jim's wife has arrived in Rome but there is a train strike so might be a while before they get up there..(she is now traveling together with Bridget's sister). The train strike is messing up some of student plans, but they should be working on the weekend.. but its today and Friday. .Train strikes are common in Italy in summer and tend to occur on week days.

Here is more information on Train Strikes
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/italy_transport_strikes/

Jim is taking both class periods to talk about Assistive technology. I also showed iPad and Mac built in assistive technology. I love teaching about this topic, but hopefully it helped Jim with time constraints.

I have decided to do a quiz or something about the book they read on Monday because basically I am realizing they are not all doing their assignments, and their grade is individual not collective.

Jim broke for lunch before we went to meet the councilwoman Bennati.  I decided to go and try to order at the Gastronomic on the corner by Bar Stephano.  I asked Bridget (who was lunching at Bar Stephano) how to order and she offered to go with me.

I got a great gargonzola and priscutto cotto (thin cooked ham) sandwich on Foccacia with a small farrow salad for $5.50 Euro.  It was very good..  and Bridget was great about encouraging me to order. I will do it again..

The tough thing for me, is that I feel more able to do stuff after I was lead through it once..  so I know I will order again..

more later after we meet with the councilwoman.


No comments:

Post a Comment