Saturday, May 24, 2014

Waiting in Chicago

I am not going to try to harp on traveling after weightloss throughout this blog but I will where it is relevant... And day 1 is one of this times... I have gained a little over 20 lbs from lowest weight the euphoria of travel has given to anxiety again about airplane seats.. So I was psyched when I was on commuter flight to Chicago that I was still ok...  It took off a lot of concern and I felt sleepy as soon a I knew I was ok... 

It makes me think and be thankful that I could not have done this trip 2 years ago and I will celebrate my two year surgiversary in Tuscany.  

It seems impossible that this trip has come.   I have been thinking about it for 3 years and working actively on it for the past two. Semesters.  

We met three students at the airport. Christi. Emma and Sam and will meet 9 more in Chicago.  

I am surprised how much I feel the need to be "on" and I find this May be the most. Exhausting part of this trip.   I am reminded that I am being very motherly to these adult students and need to back off and encourage independence.. So I will work on it.. 

However it's nice to know someone cares. Right?  
 Brian has been great about handling me the last fee days and kept my ranting stressed out tendencies down. Which is funny because while the longest trip I have taken with the most responsibility I have been the most ready and least stressed.  It's great to have someone to help,   

Sitting in the Chicago airport collecting new students.. Can we go yet.? 



No comments:

Post a Comment